You know what's lame? The Reduced Shakespeare Company opening The Complete Works of Charles Dickens (Abridged!) on May 23rd. Two days after our group leaves for the States. CURSES! *shakes fist* Along with David Tennant not doing Hamlet until July, Eddie Izzard out of the UK until June, and John Barrowman doing the TV show "I'll Do Anything" to cast the musical Oliver! PLUS our group is not visiting Cardiff..... *sigh* I'm going to have to work harder to find some of the awesome things that I like on this trip. I mean, I KNOW the whole trip is going to be spectacular... But the ONE time I'm in England, the vast majority of my favorite British actors are NOT AVAILABLE to see! :-(
I don't know... Maybe something spectacular will happen and I just don't know it yet. Hopefully, I'll at least get to watch Doctor Who on the BBC.
How far is it by train from London to Cardiff? Does anyone know? IS there a train from London to Cardiff? [edit:] according to Map Quest UK Cardiff is almost 3 hours away from London, by car... (Provided driving conditions are ideal.)
In other news, I am going shopping yet again. I still need shoes. Plus a haircut.... Er, a trim...
Rachel V. and Leah are leaving for Europe today! They get an awesome adventure as well! They are going to Italy, South Africa, Austria and Germany. (I'm pretty sure.) If they get to eat a giraffe in South Africa I am going to be very jealous. (And DON'T be shocked. It's perfectly legal to hunt/eat giraffes. I've looked it up. It's just ridiculously expensive to hunt them.) I want to know what a giraffe tastes like....
Okay.... I need to go get my day started.... Tally-ho!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
A few lamentations....
Posted by Sarah at 5:18 PM
Labels: Brit Lit, Doctor Who, Shopping, Travels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment