Friday, April 18, 2008

An introductory post...

Hello!

This is my first official post in this blog... My name is Sarah and I'm a Music Education Major. During May Term I will be traveling to England, with Dr. Scholtz's class, Literary Tour of England. I am really excited! I've been selected as a Wartburg Blogger to document this trip for all to read. Right now I am home for Tour Week (April 18-28th) and I have a lot to do to get ready. First all, here's some questions to help you get to know me!


1. What is your occupation?
I'm a junior Music Ed. student at Wartburg College, and I work with computers at ITS and at the Library.

2. What color are your socks right now?
I'm... Actually not wearing any socks right at this moment...

3. What are you listening to right now?
Ode To a Superhero, by Weird Al Yankovic, spoofing Billy Joel's Piano Man.

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Chicken, with cooked broccoli.

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
No, but I'd love to learn... Any volunteers?

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Midnight blue.

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My roommate Rachel V.

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Um, I just took it off a random person's blog, but I'm sure they are a very nice person....

9. Favorite drink?
Rootbeer

10. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Olympic swimming

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Hahaha! Yes! I actually have blue streaks in my hair right now! It's pretty awesome! Although I have gotten normal highlights before.

12. Pets?
A Yellow Lab, Keeley. My pet goldfish just died 2 days ago... :-(

13. Favorite food?
Tater-tot Cassarole!

14. Last movie you watched?
The Court Jester (1956) starring Danny Kaye, Basil Rathbone, and Angela Lansbury

15. Favorite Day of the year?
The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas when my friends and I sing Christmas songs and pray for snow!

16. What do you do to vent anger?
Haha, I blog actually. I also have a couple good friends who will listen to me rant and rave.

17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I don't remember... I think I was more into imagining things than focusing on a specific toy...

18. What is your favorite, fall or spring?
Spring! Lilacs are my favorite flowers! :-)

19. Hugs or kisses?
I like hugs. :-)

20. What kind of pie?
Key-lime pie! Strawberry or peach is good too!

21. Living arrangements?
I just moved out of the Manors. Next year I'll be living in Knights Village!

22. When was the last time you cried?
Honnestly? April 13th, after watching this YouTube video from the Muppet Show...

23. What is on the floor of your closet?
I don't have a closet. My bed is in the basement behind the furnace.

24. Favorite smell?
Walking to class in the winter and smelling the chocolate in the air from the Nestle factory in town. Mmmm.... :-)

25. What inspires you?
Music. For real. I hear amazing people perform and that makes me want to go out and learn to play just like them!

26. What are you afraid of?
Hypodermic needles. I honestly have Trypanophobia. Just talking about them makes me lightheaded and nauseous.

27. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
Cheese!

28. Favorite car?
Volkswagen Beetle!

29. Favorite cat breed?
Turkish Vans and the hybrid Occicats.

30. Number of keys on your key ring?
Just one.... It's the key to my bike lock... How sad is that?

31. How many years at your current job?
Um, 1 at ITS and 8 months at the Library.

32. Favorite day of the week?
Friday!

33. How many states have you lived in?
Just one... Iowa.

34. How many countries have you been to?
I toured Europe with Iowa Ambassadors of Music in2003, so I've been to England, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Italy, and Germany... That's 7 countries!


Other things about me:

Many of my posts will be from the perspective of a music student. I can't help it, that's just how I am. I expect this trip is going to be particularly hard for me in that aspect since I am the ONLY music major going on this trip... No one is going to understand my excitement when I notice chord progressions, or know what I'm talking about if I should ramble on about the history of England in relation to its contributions to the world of music. Whatever.

I have trouble spelling. And sometimes I type and forget to write in words... and then I don't notice that they are missing because my brain just inserts them... So, sorry about that in advance.

I am a HUGE fan of Harry Potter and Doctor Who. I honestly can relate almost ANYTHING to the world of Harry Potter in some way or another. I've been looking forward to the 4th season of Doctor Who for ages! I really hope I get a chance to watch it on the actual BBC! Plus, I am also going to be on a constant lookout for this. ;-)

I also like JRR Tolkien and C.S. Lewis.

My roommate, Rachel V. wants me to try Haggis when I'm in Scotland... But I'm not so sure... Although I do enjoy trying new foods!


Any questions? Comment and ask! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh crying because of Muppets. Good times.
"I was SO not expecting that!"
LOL!
Miss you already!
Love
Rae

Anonymous said...

In the basement? Behind the furnace? kind of sounds like the cupboard under the stairs! HAve a great trip.

Geri

Sarah said...

I have pictures of my living space... It is like of like the cupboard under the stairs... There are lots of spiders.