Thursday, May 15, 2008

Busy day...

So I'm posting this from Kirk and Cynthia's house. We are having a party and it is a lot of fun! They have a Yellow Lab named Dexter and two cats, one is black and one is gray-brown-mottled....ish. It's bustling! Kirk is BBQ food and we are going to have burgers!

Did you know that in England you can buy chips (which they call crisps) flavored like shrimp (called prawn) or roast chicken? It is weird, but also very cool. They are very good.

Sleeping in the Youth Hostel ended up being not *as* bad, but a little cold. I woke up at 7 am with the worst charlie horse of all time. :-P I stayed in bed until 8:45 and then had a cold breakfast.

Edinburgh is the city of TARDISs. Without going out to find them, I came across 5 in our explorations today. I got a picture of 4.... The one I missed was when we were on the coach on the way to the party.

We walked to Edinburgh Castle today which was interesting. It was quite cool outside and although it was overcast, there was no rain. I saw the room where Mary Queen of Scots gave birth to James V who became James I of England when Queen Elizabeth died.

Then for lunch, we went and ate at the cafe where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (Or Philosopher's Stone if you're a Brit. It's no longer a cafe, but a Chinese restaurant, but I didn't care, it was kind of a fun, dorky thing to do. And cheap, which was nice. :-)

Then we walked to the base of Arthur's Seat and we climbed both Salisbury Craig AND Arthur's Seat.... It was really hard. I am so out of shape. Salisbury Craig is about 400 meters above sea level and Arthur's Seat is 800 meters. But I did it! I am probably going to be quite sore tomorrow. I took a lot of pictures and a couple videos. We took a cab back to the Hostel and Alan, our awesome coach driver took us to the party. :-)

Okay, compared to others, this post isn't very long, but it's better than nothing and I don't want to be anti-social.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy prawn (and other crazy) flavored chips, you can get them at the Asian markets down here...yum.

Sounds like you're having an awesome time!

Love,
Jess