I am a third-year music education major and I play the flute. This blog is meant to keep a record of my travels across England, with the British Literary Tour. I love to laugh and I am a big fan of all things piratical! I also like Doctor Who, and Harry Potter. Just so you know, I am very random and I have a knack for trivia knowledge!
May 1: Depart from Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis. Fly from Minneapolis to Heathrow, London.
London, England May 2: Arrive at Heathrow. Spend 1/2 day sightseeing around London with Tour Guide.
May 3: Tour the Tower of London, Lunch with coffee at Anchor Pub, Tour Globe Theatre Tour & Exhibition
May 4: Visit Tate Britain and National Portrait Gallery
May 5: Westminster Abbey and British Library with Tour Guide
May 6: Museum of London, Doctor Johnson’s House, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Lunch with coffee at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese
May 7: FREE DAY IN LONDON! 7:30 Lord of the Rings the Musical
Hampshire/Wiltshire/Bath May 8: Jane Austen's House, Winchester Cathedral, Stonehenge, Overnight spent in Bath
Monmouthshire, Wales/Bath/Stratford-Upon-Avon May 9: Tintern Abbey, Roman Baths, Tour Guide Half day guiding in Bath, Theater See Royal Shakespeare production of Midsummer Night’s Dream at Stratford
Stratford-Upon-Avon May 10 Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage , Holy Trinity Church Stratford
Oxford May 11: Half day spent touring Oxford and Christ Church College with Tour Guide
Lichfield May 12: Samuel Johnson’s birthplace
Yorkshire/Lake District May 13: River Cruise Cruise & entry from Coniston to Brantwood, Dove Cottage & Wordsworth Museum
Alloway, Scotland May 14: Burns Heritage Park
Edinbrugh May 15: Edinburgh Castle, Writers Museum, BBQ Dinner with local friends of Dr. Scholtz
Border of Scotland, on the River Tweed/Island off of Northumberland Ma7 16: Abbotsford House, Lindisfarne Priory and Museum
West Yorkshire May 17: Bronte Parsonage Museum
Cambridge May 18: Half day spent touring Cambridge, Trinity College, and Kings College Chapel with Tour Guide
Canterbury May 19: Guided Tour of Canterbury Cathedral
London May 20: FREE DAY! Farewell dinner at The George Inn, See Royal Shakespeare production of Midsummer Night’s Dream at Globe Theater
London/Chicago/Cedar Rapids May 21: Fly home, from London's Heathrow.
0 comments:
Post a Comment